The most important lesson learned on EIR can be described like rereading a book. Although I knew about Google and had used it for as long as I can remember, the lessons gave me new insights about Google and other research resources, like discovering a new aspect or perspective of the book when one reread a book. The new insights help me better understand the Internet research tools and do research more effectively and accurately.
Summing up on my topic, "Discuss the roles of robots in society", I find this topic rather tough to find for direct article relating to the three keywords "roles", "robots" and "society". I do not think that it's because it is not popular, it is just that the scope of the roles that robots could cover is too wide, there is too much unknown potential that nobody has any proper idea on how or what to write. There are desires for robots to become an aid in everyday life, however the technology required is still not advanced enough, and despite technology advancing rapidly, it almost seems like it's not meeting the requirement of the technology for such robots. For example, 10 years ago, people were expecting in 10 years time, cars would be like what they saw in the movie, levitating with no wheels. However, there are no levitating cars now.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment